Join Team BEEF
Team BEEF is open to all beef-loving Ohioans who lead an active lifestyle, whether it’s running, cycling, etc. Joining Team BEEF gets you an official Team BEEF jersey and an allotted amount of funds each year to enter the events of your choice. Members will participate in a spokesperson training, facilitated by the Ohio Beef Council, to learn how to help share beef’s message and promote beef at races! To receive more information on joining the team, contact us.
Team BEEF Application (466 KB)
Fuel for the Finish
Physical activity is more effective when coupled with a protein-rich diet. Beef is a nutrient powerhouse that helps active Americans “protein up” providing fuel for the finish line. Research has shown that individuals who eat protein within an hour of exercise achieve more lean body mass than those who simply eat protein in the morning and evening.
No matter how active you are, lean beef helps to power your performance. The protein and nine other nutrients in beef work together to build your muscles and keep your body healthy for your next adventure.
Beef’s Big 10
All lean beef cuts have less than 10 grams of total fat, 4.5 grams or less of saturated fat and less than 95 milligrams of cholesterol per 3 ounce serving. Additionally, beef gives your body more of the nutrients you need, like beef’s big 10:
- Protein : helps preserve and build muscle
- Iron: helps your body utilize oxygen
- Vitamins B6 and B12: help maintain brain function and give you energy
- Zinc: helps maintain a healthy immune system
- Phosphorus: helps build teeth and bones
- Niacin: supports energy production and metabolism
- Riboflavin: helps convert food into fuel
- Selenium: helps protect cells from damage
- Choline: supports nervous system development